"Central Java" Top 5 Page for this destination Java by kyoub

Java Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 130 photos

Yogyakarta

We couldn't decide whether we should cancel or go ahead and go.
There were demonstrations and warning for US citizens not to go there at this time.
As you can see, we went and were so glad that we did.
The people could not have been more friendly than they were.
The temples were most interesting.
The scenery was breathtaking.

Helping hand

This young lady was studying tourism.
She was very helpful to me and tried to keep the sun off.
I hope she now has a wonderful job that she enjoys.

Enlightenment

Borobudur is a place of pilgrimage rather than of worship, a training center for those who wish to achive Enlightenment.

• Pros:Very friendly people
  • Cons:Hawkers
  • In a nutshell:A must see
  • Last visit to Java: Oct 2001
  • Intro Updated Jul 4, 2005

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Lovely Java page with excellent photographs! Java certainly is a great tourist destination. Borobudur and Prambanan Temples certainly look amazing. Thanks for sharing. We hope to visit the island of Java one day. ~ho & pang

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I'm glad to hear that everyone was so friendly, despite the demonstrations. That sounds like a very unique Sheraton Hotel where you can see one of the most active volcanoes in the world.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2008 at 3:45 AM

What an exotic place to visit. The Prambanan Temples are especially impressive.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2008 at 8:06 AM

god i miss my far east travel !

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2007 at 8:17 AM

The temples are such beautiful antiquities--you must have loved visiting this exotic place, Kay...

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 10:47 PM

Great job! Beautiful temples and fantastic pool in Sheraton, indeed. This active volcano looks mysterious. Sorry to hear about annoying hawkers.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2006 at 1:41 PM

Yes Kay a place indeed for enlightenment = the temples look interesting = the hotel tips divine

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2006 at 9:48 AM

You two are so brave to go with US warning not to...What a gorgeous pool! Love the Hindu temples and the architecture. Would hate the annoying hawkers. Super job, Kay.

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2006 at 4:42 PM

I've been curious about Java because of the crew on Holland America--mostly Javanese & they're so wonderful to us. They always have an Indonesian Culture show on the ships. Lovely pictures and good tips. I'd never make it up those steps!!

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2006 at 5:47 AM

Nice Java pages Kay! I backpacked around Java, so your hotels look very inviting! Blu

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Java