"East Coast Trading Center" Klungkung by kyoub
Klungkung Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 33 photos
The new name is Semarapura but most people still call it Klungkung.
It is the district capitol and an important trading point on the road to east Bali.
The most important historicial sights there is a pair of pavillions set in an ornamental moat, known as Taman Gili.
We stopped here on a tour of the east side of Bali while staying at the Blue Moon in Selang.
We thought the former palace was quite interesting. It would have been nice to have a guide to explain what we were seeing but there was not another person there, as we walked around the area.
- Pros:Historical pavilions
- In a nutshell:A very interesting town
Across the street from the Taman Gili is a small museum called Museum Daerah Semarapura. There you can see a collection... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Klungkung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "East Coast Trading Center"
- "Semarapura, AKA Klungkung"
- "Bats Cave"
- "Semarapura a.k.a. Klungkung"
- "building still"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Klungkung
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Klungkung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klungkung
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues