"Temples" Tabanan by kyoub
Tabanan Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 262 photos
Driving down a road with gigantic forests on both sides, you finally arrive at a temple deep in the jungle. You think surely very few people ever make it here but thousands have made the journey before you. It is a very important temple because of its high location, near the peak of the volcano Batukau.
The charm of Pura Luhur Banukau is its setting. The shrines seem to be engulfed by forest. There are many beautiful flowers, bushes, and trees.
Stone carved gates and statues all around.
On the coast and nearly on the Tabanan border is the much photographed-temple: Pura Tanah Lot.
I was somewhat put off by the numerous souvenir stalls and hawkers at this location. You must walk past all these before reaching the temple.
In the caves surrounding the temple is where the sacred snakes dwell, at least the signs state that fact. The temple sits up on a rock away from land. This beach is a place to go to see a beautiful sunset.
- Pros:Temples, rice paddies, and veggies
- In a nutshell:Beautiful area to visit
If a beautiful sunset is what you are looking for follow the crowd to Pura Tanah Lot. If you would like to get a better... more travel advice
The best way to get around Bali is with a car and driver. The local drivers know how to get to all the places of... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Tabanan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escaping to Balian"
- "Famous Temples and Culture"
- "Tabanan Regency"
- "Tanah Lot"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tabanan
- Hotels in Tabanan
- Transportation in Tabanan
- Restaurants in Tabanan
- Shopping in Tabanan
- Warnings and Dangers in Tabanan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tabanan
- 9 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Tabanan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tabanan
Photos in TabananSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues