"Ubud" Top 5 Page for this destination Ubud by kyoub

Ubud Travel Guide: 522 reviews and 1,322 photos

Butterfly

Ubud is spread over hills and valleys.You will see many terraced rice fields, numerous artist's studios, plus many shops selling clothing, jewellry, and wood carvings. Just remember you have to haggle to get the right price. You will also see many beautiful butterflies, birds, and monkeys in the forest.

Rice Paddy

Depending on the season, rice farmers are either planting or harvesting. Until I came to Bali, I never thought of the rice fields being any color except green. That is what I had always seen in pictures, but when we arrived some was turning colors and almost ready to harvest.
It appeared to me that the women were doing much more work in the fields than the men .
I am told that it is strictly a male occupation to plant it, then the women harvest it..

• Pros:Very friendly people
  • Cons:Haggling
  • In a nutshell:A very special place
  • Last visit to Ubud: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 15, 2006

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

What a wonderful place to see and the greenery is enticing. You surely enjoyed yourself

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2007 at 7:55 AM

Bali's closer than Sydney for me and yet I've never been! All my friend; say Ubud's the place to stay ... one day ... Love the lady with her duck! leyle

• GenuinelyCurious's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 9:59 AM

It's been nearly a decade since I was walking around Ubud, but your words and images remind me of how nice it was to walk through the rice paddies and greet people at work and play.

• May 8, 2007 at 6:04 AM

Hotel is fairly run down. Towels are old & tattered. Napkins are stained & the flush was broken. Pool has brackish water. For small kids it's quite a hike to town so one is dependant on taxis. Overall not a very nice place to stay.

• Ubudian's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 8:29 AM

The daily offerings made by the Balinese in multiple areas of their compounds, shops and temples are NOT offerings to ANY evil spirits. These offerings are made to the various Gods that make up Hindu/Dharma in Bali!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Love the Garden Bathrooms! Your warnings are excellent. What a huge room at your resort! Another excellent group of pages, Kay.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2007 at 7:41 AM

Interesting warning and baby Civet Cat picture. I also like your local customs tips.

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2007 at 8:51 AM

Nice page of Ubud Kay...:) and glad u love Bali... greet from Indonesia

• starship's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 5:11 PM

Nice page. I'd love to see Bali. The only reservation I have about Asia and the Pacific is food - I'd probably eat only rice.

• Jun 14, 2006 at 10:10 PM

We drove round, lost for 1.5 hours to find Pura Luhur Batukau. There was a temple festival when we went. A magnificent temple with the huge Mt Batukau in the background. Also there is a temple floating in a man-made lake in this complext. Lovely!

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Ubud