"Tunisia." Tunisia by Bill_Steg
Tunisia Travel Guide: 4,906 reviews and 13,440 photos
Tunisia is located on the northern coast of Africa, Tunisia has boundaries with Algeria to the west, Libya to the southeast and the Mediterranean Sea to the north and east.
The Atlas Mountains divide the country into two regions, the well-watered north and the semi-arid south. The northern region, which contains the Kroumirie Forest, Bizerte, and the Medjerda River Valley, is further divided into three subregions: the northwest, with extensive cork forests; the north central, with its fertile grasslands, and the northeast from Tunis to Cap Bon, noted for its livestock, citrus fruits and garden produce.
The southern regions contains a central plateau and a desert area in the extreme south, which merges into the Sahara and is characterised by the date palm oases and saline lakes. The Medjerda Mountains, which run from Kroumirie to Bizerte, and the Tébessa Mountains (or Massif Meridional), in the southern region, are the two most important mountain ranges. The Medjerda, the most important river system, rises in Algeria and drains into the Gulf of Tunis.
Bill_Steg's Related Pages
Tunisia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From the other side of the Mediterranean . . ."
- "Aslaama Tunisia"
- "Tunisia - From the Mediterranean to the Sahara"
- "Nice Tunisia !"
- "Tunisia - North African jewel with lots of history"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tunisia
- Hotels in Tunisia
- Transportation in Tunisia
- Nightlife in Tunisia
- Restaurants in Tunisia
- Shopping in Tunisia
- Warnings and Dangers in Tunisia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tunisia
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tunisia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tunisia
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 45 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos
- Indonesia Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 6 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Almelo Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Germany Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Algeria Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Fiji Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- South Africa 6 reviews, 6 photos
- France Intro, 1 review, 8 photos