"Mary Queen Of Scots" Top 5 Page for this destination Linlithgow by zizkov
Linlithgow Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 28 photos
The most famous thing about Linlithgow is Linlithgow Palace, former home of Mary, Queen of Scots. She was kidnapped, and executed on the orders of the English sovereign, Elizabeth. And that act of terrorism set us on the path to where we are today.
Plus ca change, plus la meme chose.
- Pros:Douce ex county town
- Cons:1960s development in the High Street
- In a nutshell:Mini history
The Union Canal (Falkirk to Edinburgh) runs above the centre of Linlithgow. There is a Canal Society who run a small... more travel advice
Another marvel of Industrial age engineering, the 810 foot Avon Aqueduct, was constructed by the famous engineer, Thomas... more travel advice
zizkov's Related Pages
Linlithgow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mary Queen Of Scots"
- "Linlithgow, Scotland"
- "Linlithgow and surrounding areas"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Linlithgow
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Linlithgow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Linlithgow
Photos in LinlithgowSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stirling Intro, 28 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cefalonia Island Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stafford Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos
- Central Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Falkirk Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loch Lomond Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kos Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue