"London from the other side" London by zizkov

London Travel Guide: 23,494 reviews and 49,597 photos

The Great Wen

After many years of going somewhere else, I decided to give London a try. And there's certainly plenty to see. At the moment I'm just setting a marker to send a pic as a postcard to some people. But I have hundreds of other pics. Two or three may even be quite good.

And why 'the other side'? Most people approach from the West, but I came to the City from the East, Docklands. So my trip to town took in East India, West India, and the Canaries.

Sunset

Sunset down the Thames on a late November afternoon

The Eye

As they would say in 'The Prisoner', "Eye'll be seeing you". Just across, of course, from the Whitehall he resigned from...

• Last visit to London: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2005

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2007 at 1:17 PM

Great pics on a great store - London needs a bit of time

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2006 at 5:50 PM

Thanks for the tips I will pass them on to my son Josh and our lovely daughter in law SAra who are now in London for a holiday. Cheers, Nancy

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2006 at 3:20 AM

different

• Apr 30, 2006 at 12:35 AM

Thanks for explaining about the Tate exhibition - I had been wondering - think I'm gonna go with your mate' s sugar cube theory it makes sense ;-)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2005 at 9:48 AM

Great photos David! There are defenitly many buildings and attractions that were not there when I last visited London (long ago).

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2005 at 1:02 PM

Fabulous start, I love your Harrods at sundown photo. Keep up the good work ... :o)

zizkov

“This is a small corner of a big world”

Badges & Stats in London