"Medinat Al Zahra." Medina Azahàra by euzkadi
Medina Azahàra Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 105 photos
Medina Zahara from the arab Medinat (shinning) and Al Zahra (the most common name of the daughter of the Prophet Muhammad) was a big Palace-city, the Versailles of Andalusia. This archeological complex is located 5 kilometers from Cordova city. The city was built between 936 and 940 by the Calypth of Cordoba Abd ar-Rahman. he built the city to show his power and became an important place until 1010 when a civil war erased the city from the map.
Medina Azahara is something like a huge puzzle, everywhere are capitels and colums waiting to being restored.... more travel advice
A large patio surrounded by square pillars. There´s no indication of the use of the building, but it was part of the... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Medina Azahàra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madinat al-Zahra"
- "Medinat Al Zahra."
- "What a legend !!"
- "Under construction"
- "A Caliphs Palace"
- "Medina Azahara"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medina Azahàra
- Transportation in Medina Azahàra
- Warnings and Dangers in Medina Azahàra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Medina Azahàra
- 24 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Medina Azahàra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medina Azahàra
Photos in Medina AzahàraSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos