"Arezzo." Arezzo by euzkadi
Arezzo Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 216 photos
Arezzo it´s a beautiful medieval city located in central Italy, and is the capital of the Arezzo province. The name of the city came from the latin word Aretium. Originally it was an Etruscan town (there are original walls from a necropolis), later was conquered by the romans in 311 bc. During the medieval times it become an episcopal seat. Around 1400 it became an independent city-state, and finally became part of the Kigndom of Italy in 1860. The city has an impressive Medieval Square and some famous churches like the Cathedral and the Basilica of San Francesco with it´s frescos of the Legend of the True Cross.The city has also some famous festivals like the Saracen Joust known as the La Giostra del Saracino.
Arezzo has some famous citizens: Petrarca, Vasari, Piero Della Francesca and Guido D´arezzo were born here.
If you have a car, a good option is to visit some of the nice small towns that surrounds the city, in this vilages one... more travel advice
The medieval steps of the Vicolo dell'Arco links the Piazza Grande to Piazza del Praticino and to many other medieval... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Arezzo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "First Sunday of the month"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arezzo
- Hotels in Arezzo
- Transportation in Arezzo
- Nightlife in Arezzo
- Restaurants in Arezzo
- Shopping in Arezzo
- Warnings and Dangers in Arezzo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arezzo
- 10 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Arezzo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arezzo
Photos in ArezzoSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos