"A real Oasis in the desert." Qasr Ghilan by euzkadi
Qasr Ghilan Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 83 photos
After a four hours drive from Tozeur, passing through Chott El Jerid and Douz, we reached this wonderful Oasis. Our ride was hard, in some places the road was covered by sand, so the drive was not so comfortable, but once you are here you can´t believe how beautiful the place is. Ksar Ghilane is located 138 kilometres south of Douz, and the place has been used as set for films like "The English Patient". There are camel ride excursions into the sea of dunes, wich is a once in a lifetime experience.
- Pros:Beautiful, quiet...
- Cons:Hard to reach.
There are dozens of camels, waiting for the tourists. The price from the camp to the fort is about 15 Tunisian dinars. more travel advice
This Old watchtower is located in the midle of the Pansea Camp, it was reciently restored ( i couldn´t get any history... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Qasr Ghilan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ksar Ghilane, the Grand Erg Oriental ."
- "A real Oasis in the desert."
- "Ksar Ghilane - Oasis in the Desert"
- "Qasr Ghilan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Qasr Ghilan
- Hotels in Qasr Ghilan
- Transportation in Qasr Ghilan
- Restaurants in Qasr Ghilan
- Shopping in Qasr Ghilan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Qasr Ghilan
- 12 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Qasr Ghilan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qasr Ghilan
Photos in Qasr GhilanSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos