"The Emirate of the Mountains." Fujairah by euzkadi
Fujairah Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 193 photos
One of the seven Emitares that form the United Arab Emirates, is the only one located in the Gulf of Oman. The Emirate was once part of the Trucial States, and in 1971 joined the EAU. It covers approximately 1,450 sq km, or about 1.4% of the area of the UAE, and is the fifth largest Emirate in the UAE. Its population is around 130,000 inhabitants. The Emirate is almost entirely covered with mountains ( the Hajjar mountain range), making it a beautiful place to visit; it also has some great beaches, and generally the wheather is warmer here.
The oldest mosque in the Emirates is also located here, a small but interesting four domes mosque built in 1446 of mud and bricks, very holy among the muslims.
Dibba is a small town, a nice stop over before getting to the beautiful beaches south of the city.
- Pros:Great mountains, small cities, beautiful beaches, less tourists.
Masafi is a small town famous for it´s market, a good place to buy carpets from Iran or Pakistan, pottery from the... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Fujairah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Al Aqqua: marine park near Fujairah"
- "Fujairah Tourists Guide"
- "Fujairah Emirate"
- "Down in Fuj..."
- "Fujairah trip"
- "Emirates-but not Dubai"
- "East Coast Getaway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fujairah
- Hotels in Fujairah
- Transportation in Fujairah
- Nightlife in Fujairah
- Restaurants in Fujairah
- Shopping in Fujairah
- Warnings and Dangers in Fujairah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fujairah
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Fujairah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fujairah
Photos in FujairahSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos