"Nicaragua´s Capital." Top 5 Page for this destination Managua by euzkadi
Managua Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 354 photos
Managua´s is the Capital and the commercial. industrial and trading center of the country. The city became the Nicaragua´s Capital due to a strong fight between the elites of the two old colonial cities; the Conservative Granada and the Liberal León. Finally Managua´s was chosen as Capital. The city is located between them in the shores of the Managua lake.
Managua´s has been destroyed by earthquakes twice. The first one in 1931, that demolish most of the city. It was rebuilt just to be destroyed again in 1972 by the huge 7.2 (Ritcher scale) earthquake. Managua is a strange city, some parts like the Old Downtown seems a ghost town; the new Managua is growing with hotels, Shopping Malls etc...but for me this part of the city has no soul.
The interior of the church gives a sense of spaciousness and simplicity, i loved the yellow interior of the domes more travel advice
After visiting the Plaza de la Revolucion with the ruins of the old Cathedral, i took the road to Granada to visit the... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Managua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Managua, Nicaragua"
- "Nicaragua´s Capital."
- "Work In Managua Since 10/2000"
- "Finally making it to my husband's homeland"
- "A lot better than 10 years ago !!!!!"
- "Delegation Home Base: Quaker House"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Managua
- Hotels in Managua
- Transportation in Managua
- Nightlife in Managua
- Restaurants in Managua
- Shopping in Managua
- Warnings and Dangers in Managua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Managua
- 20 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Managua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Managua
Photos in ManaguaSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos