"The Latin American Pompeii" Joya de Cerén by euzkadi
Joya de Cerén Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 45 photos
This ruins located in the La Libertad department, close to San Salvador (30kms). It´s the only mayan site, that presents a close look of the way of life of normal people in the maya civilization. The town was covered by 6 meters of ashes produced by the explosion of the Laguna Caldera volcano, that´s the reason why is so well preserved (the houses were constructed whith clay and mud).
In 1993 it was chosen by the Unesco as a world heritage site. more travel advice
This area has a big building with two small windows and two doors. As in the other parts of the site, this house is also... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Joya de Cerén Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Latin American Pompeii"
- "Joya de Ceren: the Pompeii of the Americas"
- "Joya de Cerén"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Joya de Cerén
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Joya de Cerén?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Joya de Cerén
Photos in Joya de CerénSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos