"Chan Chan" Ruinas de Chanchan by euzkadi
Ruinas de Chanchan Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 24 photos
This big city with more than 28 kms of extension is located very close to Trujillo, and is the biggest adobe city in the world. Now some parts of the city are being reconstructed.
Chan Chan has nine citadels but it´s only permitted to visit one; the ""Palacio Tschudi."
Chan Chan was constructed by the Chimu around c850, and was the imperial capital until was conquered by the Incas and... more travel advice
Chan Chan was declared a world heritage site in 1986, and is specially threatened by the El Niño current, wich causes... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Ruinas de Chanchan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chan Chan"
- "Ruinas de Chanchan"
- "Ruinas Arqueológicas de Trujillo - Peru"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ruinas de Chanchan
- 7 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Ruinas de Chanchan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ruinas de Chanchan
Photos in Ruinas de ChanchanSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos