"A Jesuit jewel." Concepción by euzkadi
Concepción Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 52 photos
Concepcion is a small, sleepy town located 296 kms from Santa Cruz. It has one of the most beautiful and best preserved Jesuitic Church built betwen 1699 and 1732, and was part of the old Jesuit Mission of Chiquitos.
The town also has an interesting museum, the Museo Misonal with descriptions of the restorationprocess and displays of original artifacts from the church as altarpieces and ornaments.
The town is also famous for it´s Baroque Music Festival and the religious ceremonies of Semana Santa (Holy Week) with a mix of traditional clothing and instruments used during the Jesuit times.
- Pros:Beautiful baroque traditional architecture.
- Cons:Very hard drive (6-8 hours by bus) from Santa Cruz.
You can travel to Concepcion, by different ways of transport. The scheduled buses, big and comfortable old buses that... more travel advice
Just opposite the church in the main square, there is a colonial house with a later added tower, that makes a nice... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Concepción Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Concepción
- Hotels in Concepción
- Transportation in Concepción
- Restaurants in Concepción
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Concepción
- 15 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Concepción?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Concepción
Photos in ConcepciónSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos