"The Jewel of Laos." Luang Prabang by euzkadi
Luang Prabang Travel Guide: 1,101 reviews and 2,808 photos
This lovely and peaceful city was the royal capital of the Kingdom of Laos, until the comunist take-over in 1975. It´s located on the Mekong river, 425 kms north of Laos actual capital Vientiane.
This Unesco World Heritage city has a strong french colonial touch, with elegant houses, more than 30 ancient buddhist temples and an amazing night market.
Luang Prabang is one of the most impressive cities in Asia, lots of temples to visit, a special buddhist athmosphere of peace, mixed with a chic french ambiance, definetily is my favourite city in Asia.
- Pros:Beautiful, charm and peaceful.
There is few nightlife in the city, everything is closed around midnight; but Hive is a good option if you want to meet... more travel advice
This litle temple near the river was the first temple a visit in the city, not so impressive as other Luang Prabang... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Luang Prabang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It Really is the Jewel of the Jewel of SE Asia"
- "Luang Prabang: The Cheeky Monk"
- "A rare jewel in the Mekong Jungles"
- "World Heritage wonderland."
- "IMPREXXION: LUANG PRABANG"
- "Luang Prabang ~ Charming Town By the Mekong River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Luang Prabang
- Hotels in Luang Prabang
- Transportation in Luang Prabang
- Nightlife in Luang Prabang
- Restaurants in Luang Prabang
- Shopping in Luang Prabang
- Warnings and Dangers in Luang Prabang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luang Prabang
- 44 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Luang Prabang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luang Prabang
Photos in Luang PrabangSee All Photos (160)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos