"Indonesia´s largest Hindu temple." Prambanan by euzkadi
Prambanan Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 421 photos
One of the largest Hindu temples in South East Asia. It was built around 850 Christian Era by king Rakai Pitakan, king of the second Mataram dinasty. It´s a huge complex of buildings and shrines, the site was abandoned for centuries after their construction and reconstructed in 1918. Prambanan was heavily damaged by the 2006 earthquake.
The complex has eight shrines or Candis. The three main shrines are dedicated to Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu.
The twenty sides of the temples are ornated with bass-reliefs depict the Ramayana legend. This story is also shown by... more travel advice
The Merati Volcano is the guardian of Prambanan, it stands close to the temples, and gives a magnificent background to... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Prambanan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Prambanan: temples and more temples"
- "Hindu temple complex"
- "IMPREXXION: YOGYAKARTA-BOROBUDOR-PRAMBANAN"
- "Largest Hindu Temple complex in South East Asia"
- "Under Construction"
- "Indonesia´s largest Hindu temple."
- "Prambanan visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prambanan
- Hotels in Prambanan
- Transportation in Prambanan
- Restaurants in Prambanan
- Shopping in Prambanan
- Warnings and Dangers in Prambanan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prambanan
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Prambanan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prambanan
Photos in PrambananSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos