"Cultural city of Bali." Ubud by euzkadi
Ubud Travel Guide: 521 reviews and 1,322 photos
This small and charming town of 8,000 inhabitants is located in central Bali, and is the art and cultural center of the island. The whole town is crowded with art galleries, handicraft shops and a big market. This village is one of the most traditional towns in terms of maintainig the observances of Agama Hindu Bali, so it´s possible to see ceremonies and rituals everyday. The town has several temples and palaces, and also has a small reserve for long tailed macaque (The Monkey Forest).
The Mother Temple of Besakih was built around the 8th century, and s the biggest temple in Bali. It includes 18 temples... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Ubud Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "heart of art and culture in bali ...."
- "Ubud - Center of Arts"
- "Soothing the spirit"
- "Ubud - felt like stepping to an ancient city"
- "Ubud - so much to offer"
- "My Ubud"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ubud
- Hotels in Ubud
- Transportation in Ubud
- Nightlife in Ubud
- Restaurants in Ubud
- Shopping in Ubud
- Warnings and Dangers in Ubud
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ubud
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Ubud?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ubud
Photos in UbudSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos