"Tunisia Capital." Gouvernorat de Tunis by euzkadi
Gouvernorat de Tunis Travel Guide: 282 reviews and 930 photos
The Tunisian capital is a modern and also an old city. It´s a pleasant city to visit with some important places to explore, specially the Medina, the Bardo Museum and the old ruins of Carthage nearby. Tunis is the country´s Capital and the largest city, it´s located in the Gulf of Tunis, behind the Tunis lake and the Port of La Goulette. The city got importance in the 7th century under the control of the Arab Muslims (who built the Medina). In 1881 the Frenchs occupied the city stablishing a protectorate system, building the Ville Nouvelle with it´s colonial buildings and beautiful avenues. The main boulevard is the Grand Avenue Bourgiba the Tunisian Champs Elysees.
Tunis is a great city to walk with it´s outdoors cafe´s, parks and boulevards. But the Medina is really the most interesting place to visit, with it´s Mosques, Madrassas and tombs of the Almohad and Hafsid periods. The Medina was declared World Heritage Site in 1979.
This place located at the end of the Bourguiba Avenue, in front of the Cathedral of Saint Vincent the Paul, hosts the... more travel advice
This Mosque located in the avenue de la Liberte is a new one, and maybe has few interest, but i passed in front of it... more travel advice
euzkadi's Related Pages
Gouvernorat de Tunis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of sand and camels"
- "Tunisia Capital."
- "Merhaba Tunisia!"
- "Mosque in Tunis city"
- "Bel Air hotel hotel belair"
- "my country of origin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gouvernorat de Tunis
- Hotels in Gouvernorat de Tunis
- Transportation in Gouvernorat de Tunis
- Nightlife in Gouvernorat de Tunis
- Restaurants in Gouvernorat de Tunis
- Shopping in Gouvernorat de Tunis
- Warnings and Dangers in Gouvernorat de Tunis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gouvernorat de Tunis
- 46 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Gouvernorat de Tunis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gouvernorat de Tunis
Photos in Gouvernorat de TunisSee All Photos (101)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 44 reviews, 160 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 44 reviews, 95 photos
- Bagan Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala City Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tunis Intro, 36 reviews, 76 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Kairouan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos