"10 days in Costa rica" Costa Rica by Srechko
Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,604 reviews and 12,061 photos
Two of my friends and I spent 10 days exploring Costa Rica. We rented a SUV and travelled from town to town exploring attractions along the way. We have seen bunch of animals, active volcano, beaches, smaller and larger towns. We met many Ticos, hiked through the rain forests, ridden horses, and did canopy tour and we loved it all.
Costa Rica is considered to be one of the most developed countries in Latin America and after a couple of days spent there it became obvious why. Its people are open, educated, and sophisticated. Country is very clean and tourists feel safe. We slept in various hotels with price range from $20-$80 (for 3 people) and they all were clean. We had absolutely no problems with safety or theft as some people advised us before the trip.
Along the way we passed by and visited following towns/attractions:
Grecia, Zarcero, Sarchi, Fortuna, Arenal Volcano, Tilaran, Monteverde, Puntarenas, Montezuma (Peninsula Nicoya), Jaco, Quepos, and Manuel Antonio National Park.
I especially enjoyed the thrill of driving. Driving at 60-70km/hour on a road with constant curves and avoiding deep potholes felt like playing a video game. Driving on a gravel road for 3 days, crossing rivers, avoiding cows and dogs along the way was another challenge. Seeing all kinds of animals (birds, monkeys, crocodiles, iguanas, snakes, kaotis, racoons, turtles, butterflies, etc) was the the biggest highlight for me.
We wanted to enjoy the places we visited as much as possible so we left a bunch of attractions unseen - so I will have to make another trip to this pure life country.
- Pros:Slow paced life, sophisticated and naturally friendly people, natural beauties, exotic animals everywhere!
- Cons:Horrible roads (Even though I liked that too - part of authentic experience).
- In a nutshell:Peace, beauty, and challenge...
This tarantula we saw on the road from Santa Elena to Monteverde. They are not really aggresive but it is good to be... more travel advice
We checked 6-7 hotels before seeing this one. All the hotels we have seen before El Byblos were either booked, or too... more travel advice
Srechko's Related Pages
Costa Rica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pura Vida!"
- "Costa Rica"
- "Costa Rica, a land of simple life and beauty"
- "Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah"
- "From a birders point of view"
- "My Itinerary"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Costa Rica
- Hotels in Costa Rica
- Transportation in Costa Rica
- Nightlife in Costa Rica
- Restaurants in Costa Rica
- Shopping in Costa Rica
- Warnings and Dangers in Costa Rica
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Costa Rica
- 39 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Costa Rica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Costa Rica
- Posted in Travel Salvador Forum "Re: One night accommodation in..."
- updated a Costa Rica Travel Page "10 days in Costa rica"
- Wrote a Review Spiders and other beasts!!! in Costa Rica Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spiders and other beasts!!!"
- Commented on one of SumTingWong's Costa Rica travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Monteverde Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Abu Dhabi Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Top Costa Rica hotels
- San José Hotels
- 525 Reviews - 875 Photos
- Jacó Hotels
- 149 Reviews - 236 Photos
- Liberia Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 89 Photos
- Tamarindo Hotels
- 146 Reviews - 221 Photos
- Monteverde Hotels
- 180 Reviews - 402 Photos
- Puerto Viejo Hotels
- 157 Reviews - 262 Photos
- Fortuna Hotels
- 197 Reviews - 501 Photos
- Tortuguero Hotels
- 110 Reviews - 325 Photos
- Quepos Hotels
- 164 Reviews - 328 Photos
- Puntarenas Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 78 Photos
- Cartago Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 91 Photos
- Pavas Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Mal País Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Alajuela Hotels
- 59 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Uvita Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 18 Photos