"Last day in Honduras" Puerto Cortez by Srechko
Puerto Cortez Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 8 photos
This is the town where I spent the last day in Honduras. Puerto Cortes is nothing special, but still the best I've seen in the country. It is located on the sea, but it doesn't feel like it is. Main reason for that is that it that there is a tall wall dividing the town center from the ocean - very strange. After walking for more than 1/2 hour I finally saw the water and what is hiding behing that wall. There are refineries, port and warehouses. The center is quite nice though, and most of life revolves around the main plaza (usual for Latin America).
I stayed here overnight as my plan was to catch a boat to Belize. I was happy to be here on Monday, as they only have this service once a week - every Tuesday.
Morning when I waited for this boat was the funnest time I had during my entire Honduras trip. The boat leaves from the very authentic fish market where I had enjoyed the lively local atmosphere and I got to talk to a few interesting locals.
This is the biggest fish I ever saw being sold in one piece on the market. Unfortunately I forgot what kind is it...
The reason why I got into Puerto Cortes was to find the boat that goes to Belize. I was extremely lucky as I... more travel advice
Srechko's Related Pages
Puerto Cortez Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Puerto Cortez
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Puerto Cortez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Cortez
Photos in Puerto CortezSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Monteverde Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Abu Dhabi Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue