"Absolutely Amazing!" Isla Meanguera by Srechko
Isla Meanguera Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 52 photos
Time I spent on this island including the transportation to and from it, made my most memorable experience during my Central america trip.
We came up with this idea while we stayed in San Salvador thinking of where should we go on the Salvadorian coast. We wanted a quiet, authentic place with nice beaches and we found it all here.
We stayed in the hotel ran by a local family located right on the ocean, and they made our stay even more enjoyable.
Getting here was probably among the best parts. We mixed with local population as we got on this packed local boat. The ride lasted almost 2 hours and it was absolutely amazing with views of Honduras, and Nicaragua territories, all kinds of birds, and a few dolphins.
The only hotel we knew about did not work, but a local woman calmed us down with the information that there is another hotel. Her 5 year old son took us there. This hotel turned out to be one of the most beutiful houses I saw in Central America. W got an awesome deal and we stayed there 2 nights.
This beach we would probably never be able to find if the son of the hotel's owner did not take us there personally. It is hidden in the jungle, quiet, and beautiful....see more photos in the travelogue.
- Pros:Quiet, beautiful, authentic, not touristy
The boat (la lancha) ride to Isla Meanguera from La Union costs US$2.50 (one way) and lasts around 2 hours and was my... more travel advice
Srechko's Related Pages
Isla Meanguera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EL SALVADOR, LA JOYA DEL GOLFO DE MEANGUERA"
- "Absolutely Amazing!"
- "A nice stop."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Meanguera
- Hotels in Isla Meanguera
- Transportation in Isla Meanguera
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla Meanguera
- 2 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Isla Meanguera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Meanguera
Photos in Isla MeangueraSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Monteverde Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Abu Dhabi Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue