"Absolutely Amazing!" Isla Meanguera by Srechko

Isla Meanguera Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 52 photos

Time I spent on this island including the transportation to and from it, made my most memorable experience during my Central america trip.

We came up with this idea while we stayed in San Salvador thinking of where should we go on the Salvadorian coast. We wanted a quiet, authentic place with nice beaches and we found it all here.

We stayed in the hotel ran by a local family located right on the ocean, and they made our stay even more enjoyable.

Getting here was probably among the best parts. We mixed with local population as we got on this packed local boat. The ride lasted almost 2 hours and it was absolutely amazing with views of Honduras, and Nicaragua territories, all kinds of birds, and a few dolphins.

Hotel where we stayed

The only hotel we knew about did not work, but a local woman calmed us down with the information that there is another hotel. Her 5 year old son took us there. This hotel turned out to be one of the most beutiful houses I saw in Central America. W got an awesome deal and we stayed there 2 nights.

Marahual beach

This beach we would probably never be able to find if the son of the hotel's owner did not take us there personally. It is hidden in the jungle, quiet, and beautiful....see more photos in the travelogue.

• Pros:Quiet, beautiful, authentic, not touristy
  • Last visit to Isla Meanguera: Dec 2006
  • Intro Written Feb 1, 2007

Comments

Srechko

“Hungry for impossible adventures”

Badges & Stats in Isla Meanguera

Have you been to Isla Meanguera?

Latest Activity in Isla Meanguera