"Nature & History" Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park by prleprle
Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 158 photos
I live very close to that national park and use every moment I can to be there and to enjoy in natural and cultural treasure of that low but great mountain.
Fruska gora is proclaimed a National Park in 1960 in order to provide its permanent protection and to improve its natural resources and beauty. The area of active protection is 25.525 square kilometers.
Fruska gora is an isolated, narrow, island mountain in Pannonia plain. It is intended by river courses extending to the south and north, with some side ranges with steep slopes, spreading from the main narrow range. Its location, specific geological history and different microclimatic conditions make it very interesting and important to science. Thanks to unique and very rich deposits of fossil fauna and flora, Fruska gora is called the 'mirror of geological past'.
The main characteristic of this region is the existence of numerous protected, rare and endangered species.
Fruska gora's valleys are covered with pastures and fertile fields, numerous vineyards and orchards which decorate its lower slopes while higher ground, above 300 meters, is covered with dense deciduous forests.
Fruska gora hides 17 orthodox monasteries famous for their specific architecture, treasuries, libraries and frescoes and numerous archeological sites from prehistoric and historic times as well.
Due to its outstanding natural resources, wonderful landscapes, exceptional charm and beauty, that will bring you closer to nature, Fruska gora is ideal place for rest and recreation.
prleprle's Related Pages
Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nature & History"
- "THE CONTINENTAL HOLY MOUNTINE"
- "FRUSKA GORA"
- "Sremska Lepotica"
- "Photos from Fruska Gora, May 2004"
- "Nice natural park"
- "The land of monasteries, in the green Vojvodina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park
- Hotels in Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park
- Restaurants in Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park
- 42 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park
- Posted in Travel Republic of Serbia Forum "Re: Seeing Monasteries from..."
- Wrote a Review KUVEZDIN Monastery in Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "KUVEZDIN Monastery"
- updated a Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park Travel Page "Nature & History"
- Commented on one of Drphoto's Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park travel pages
Photos in Fruska Gora Nacionalni ParkSee All Photos (96)
Top 10 Pages
- Novi Sad Intro, 64 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vrsac Intro, 49 reviews, 169 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Chalkidiki Intro, 36 reviews, 119 photos
- Budapest Intro, 32 reviews, 120 photos
- Krakow Intro, 36 reviews, 111 photos
- Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park Intro, 42 reviews, 96 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 41 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kezmarok Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- Studenica Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos