Afitos Things to Do Tips by prleprle
Afitos Things to Do: 6 reviews and 6 photos
Be there and feel the history of small places as Afitos is....
This unspoilt, traditional Greek village enjoys a clifftop location with spectacular views. The sandy beach, reached by a steep track, is perfect for wathersports. You could spend few relaxing hours on the beach or enjoy in wild blackberries you could find in bushes around (as I did). Or... you could find a your place in some of tavernas on the cliffs and enjoy in drinks and view.
Church, Afitos, Greece
In 1858 the church of Agios (Saint) Dimitrios was built, a three-aisle "basilica" with dome, with local porous stone. It is the only "basilica with a dome" in Chalkidiki and has a unique rustic stone reliefs over the windows and the belfry. That is considered as the village's jewel, located in the centre of the main square. It's worthwhile for the visitor to observe the unique architecture of the church, its old icons and its stone-embossed south external wall. Of course, you have to be dressed properly if you want to visit church... no short trousers, short skirts and especially no swiming suits!!!
Directions: Centre of the old part of village.
prleprle's Related Pages
Afitos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Afitos on the Kassandra Peninsula, Halkidiki"
- "Few days on Kassandra"
- "Old and traditional village"
- "Most beautiful beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Afitos
- Hotels in Afitos
- Restaurants in Afitos
- Warnings and Dangers in Afitos
- See All...
Explore the World
- Gills Rock Hotels
- Fréjus-Plage Hotels
- Ullswater Hotels
- Nizhegorodskaya Oblast'
- Kampong Batang Tiga Hotels
Badges & Stats in Afitos
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Afitos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Afitos
Photos in AfitosSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Novi Sad Intro, 64 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vrsac Intro, 49 reviews, 169 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Chalkidiki Intro, 36 reviews, 119 photos
- Krakow Intro, 36 reviews, 111 photos
- Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park Intro, 42 reviews, 96 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 41 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kezmarok Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- Budapest Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos
- Studenica Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos