"Old and traditional village" Afitos by prleprle
Afitos Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 40 photos
Afitos is the best perserved typical macedonian-greek village on Kassandra peninsula of Chalkidiki. At the second half of the 19th century it developed its characteristics building style which is seen in the houses of the village. Most houses are made of stone and show the zeal of the builders. If you are on vacation anywhere on Kassandra... don't miss to visit this village and feel real Greek charm. Greece is not only blue sea, great beaches, sun, ouzo and ancient history... it's much more than that!
You are urged to walk through the village and to see the architectural details of the old houses that still remain.
We spent only one day there but would like to get there again. We really had great day,... collecting shells on the beach, enjoying in warm september sea and sun, drinking Greek coffie in tavern... njoying in life!
- Pros:Old, traditional and typical northern Greek village
- Cons:Beach is small and on most parts rocky.
- In a nutshell:Real Greece.
Be there and feel the history of small places as Afitos is.... more travel advice
prleprle's Related Pages
Afitos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Afitos on the Kassandra Peninsula, Halkidiki"
- "Few days on Kassandra"
- "Old and traditional village"
- "Most beautiful beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Afitos
- Hotels in Afitos
- Restaurants in Afitos
- Warnings and Dangers in Afitos
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dipolog City
- Berchtesgaden Hotels
- San Luis Reservoir State Recreation Area Hotels
- Fort Walton Beach
- Mosta Hotels
- Santiago de los Caballeros Hotels
- Tannehill State Park
- Boca de Yuma Hotels
- Tuban Hotels
Badges & Stats in Afitos
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Afitos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Afitos
Photos in AfitosSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Novi Sad Intro, 64 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vrsac Intro, 49 reviews, 169 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Chalkidiki Intro, 36 reviews, 119 photos
- Krakow Intro, 36 reviews, 111 photos
- Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park Intro, 42 reviews, 96 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 41 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kezmarok Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- Studenica Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos