"Katerini and its playground" Top 5 Page for this destination Katerini by prleprle

Katerini Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 221 photos

Nine days in September 2003. we spent on fine sandy beach of Nei Pori few km on the south direction from small town of Platamonas in Pieria County, Macedonia, Greece. As we like to see as much as we have one day we decided to visit town of Larissa. Unfortunately when we arrived at train station train already gone… so… what we could do… next train took us to Katerini, capital of Pieria Couty. Didn’t know what to expect there but soon we find!

Katerini has very long history (as most of the places in Greece) but you’ll hardly find any building in town that’s older that 20 or 30 year! Town is elegant but completely new!

Popular seaside resort Paralia Katerini is only few km from the town centre. A lot of tourist there… and really not my cup of tea.

• Last visit to Katerini: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2003

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 9:28 PM

Hi Dejan, interesting page on what looks like a lovely place. fergy.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2004 at 1:06 PM

Lovely page of a lovely place - all the best for you and your family - including Sofija!

• Yiannis2000's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2004 at 2:30 AM

Nice page on my hometown, thanks! The first church u photographed is the Agia Triada (Holy Trinity) church, it is not the cathedral, but it is located next to the bishop's residence.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2004 at 5:08 AM

Hvala Dejan, wonderful page, That's why I chose Greece for my honeymoon in the near future :-))

• andrea.d's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2004 at 6:58 AM

Great pic of Paralia church! Very nice page :)

• goga4444's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2003 at 9:47 AM

Pralia ... vacation place , very nice pics and tips :)

• Prasnjavi's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2003 at 7:54 AM

You are updating my memories. Thanks

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2003 at 9:17 PM

Your photos are wonderful, I love the architecture there. I also love your home page, your wedding photos and your garden... well done.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2003 at 1:55 PM

Greece - a spot that I have always wanted to visit! Nice page on the highlights of Katerini !

• KonstantinII's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2003 at 3:10 PM

"Paralio, Paralio, Ko bi tebe ostavio..." ;o)))) Pozdrav!

prleprle

“Carpe diem”

Badges & Stats in Katerini

Have you been to Katerini?

Latest Activity in Katerini