"Melon Capital, that's about it!" Chinchilla by sklc
Chinchilla Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 27 photos
The most beautiful, interesting and significant picture I've taken in Chinchilla was of the war monument on Anzac Day 2007. In fact, this is the most important holiday in Australia and New Zealand where in the morning, dawn services are held in every suburb to commemorate lives lost at the Battle of Gallipoli.
Well, my short stint in Chinchilla is less lonely with these hibiscus adorning the gardens. Although Chinchilla is pretty dry, especially because there is a drought in Queensland, plus winter is approaching... Nevertheless, I've seen red, white, pink hibiscus in full bloom. The hibiscus is the national flower of Malaysia - but the red variety, not this two-shaded one.
There is only one street to mark the Chinchilla CBD, Heeney Street. And on this street, basically you have a single row of shops. The opposite side has the Shire Council, Cultural Centre and Court House. With hardly any traffic, I must say I'm surprised to see such a grand pedestrian crossing.
- Pros:Quiet town for the likes of you and me
- Cons:Nothing to do here
- In a nutshell:Live here and you could forget what it's like out there!
The climate in Chinchilla is dry on most days with cool evenings below 25 deg C. Starry starry skies and peaceful... more travel advice
sklc's Related Pages
Chinchilla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""THE WATERMELON CAPITAL OF QUEENSLAND""
- "Chinchilla - Melon Capital of the World..."
- "Melon Capital, that's about it!"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chinchilla
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Chinchilla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chinchilla
Photos in ChinchillaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Hanoi Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Negeri Johor Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Singapore Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Kuching Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Negeri Perak Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Chinchilla Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Miles Intro, 1 review, 8 photos