"Oldest City in the West" Santa Fe by Easty
Santa Fe Travel Guide: 703 reviews and 1,410 photos
Santa Fe is one of the oldest cities in the United States. It was established as the capital of a new territory for Spain in 1598. From 1598 to 1814, Santa Fe was part of the Spanish Empire. From 1814 to 1846, Santa Fe became a part of Mexico. During the Mexican-American War, Santa Fe became a part of the United States. Today, Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico and is a popular tourist destination.
- Pros:A great place to learn about history
- Cons:Lots of walking
- In a nutshell:Santa Fe is a great historical destination
The San Miguel Church and Mission was the first Catholic Church in America. The church was first built in 1610. During... more travel advice
In front of the Palace of Governors and across Palace Ave in the square, there are a group of Native Americans selling... more travel advice
Easty's Related Pages
Santa Fe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Pristine Winter Wonderland--Santa Fe,New Mexico"
- "Santa Fe, New Mexico"
- ""Fanta Se""
- "La Villa Real de la Santa Fe"
- "Steep in History"
- "The City Different"
- "Santa Fe Days"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Fe
- Hotels in Santa Fe
- Transportation in Santa Fe
- Nightlife in Santa Fe
- Restaurants in Santa Fe
- Shopping in Santa Fe
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Fe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Fe
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Santa Fe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Fe
Photos in Santa FeSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 20 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portland Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bar Harbor Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durango Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arches National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos