"Atlantic Highlands and Sandy Hook" Top 5 Page for this destination Highlands by Easty
Highlands Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 57 photos
The Atlantic Highlands of New Jersey has the highest elevation along the Atlantic Ocean south of Maine. This area is the northernmost point of the Jersey Shore. With spectacular lighthouses and easily accesible beaches, this makes for a nice day trip from anywhere in New York Metropolitan region.
- Pros:A great day trip with nice scenic spots
- Cons:Can be congested during summer months
- In a nutshell:A nice day trip
The Shrewsbury River Bridge, which is Route 36 and connects Highlands with Sea Bright, opens quite frequently. This can... more travel advice
Fort Hancock is located at the northern tip of Sandy Hook. It is still a semi-active army barracks. This is a great... more travel advice
Easty's Related Pages
Highlands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HIGHLANDS/SANDY HOOK--Million Dollar View!"
- "Sandy Hook and Around..."
- "The Highlands/Atl. Highlands/Sea Bright area"
- "Atlantic Highlands and Sandy Hook"
- "Highlands, New Jersey"
- "Highlands & Sandy Hook"
- "New Jersey, USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Highlands
- Transportation in Highlands
- Nightlife in Highlands
- Restaurants in Highlands
- Warnings and Dangers in Highlands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Highlands
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Highlands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Highlands
- Posted in Travel Hackettstown Forum "Re: M & M factory smell"
- Wrote a Review Getting to Highlands/Sandy Hook in Highlands Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shrewsbury River Bridge"
- created a Highlands Travel Page "Atlantic Highlands and Sandy Hook"
- Commented on one of PA2AKgirl's Highlands travel pages
Photos in HighlandsSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 20 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portland Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bar Harbor Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durango Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arches National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos