"Deep in the San Juan Mountains" Silverton by Easty
Silverton Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 38 photos
Silverton is a small town located in the heart of the San Juan Mountains of southwestern Colorado. The elevation here is at 9,305 ft and is surrounded by peaks that go well above 13,000 ft. This is the northern terminus of the Durango and Silverton Railroad. With the railroad during the summer and the ski season during the winter, Silverton is a bussling tourist town. Silverton is worth an hour stop while visiting Colorado.
- Pros:Nice old western town with great scenery
- Cons:Very Isolated Region (May not really be a con)
- In a nutshell:Silverton is a nice small western town with extraordinary scenery.
Restaurant has a nice patio for outdoor dining. I was here for lunch. The french fries had a nicely spiced coating on... more travel advice
The main road through this region of Colorado is the Million Dollar Highway. There are some breathtaking views from this... more travel advice
Easty's Related Pages
Silverton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SILVERTON - COLORADO"
- "Deep in the San Juan Mountains"
- "Silverton, Colorado"
- "Gold Mining Country"
- "lidman's new Silverton Page"
- "SILVERTON, COLORADO"
- "Crazy Mountains & Bad Ass Weather!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silverton
- Hotels in Silverton
- Transportation in Silverton
- Restaurants in Silverton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Silverton
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Silverton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silverton
Photos in SilvertonSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 20 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portland Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bar Harbor Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durango Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arches National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos