"KARLOVY VARY - The Spa Town -" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlovy Vary by pili
Karlovy Vary Travel Guide: 250 reviews and 899 photos
Karlovy Vary, also known as Carlsbad, is the biggest and most famous spa town in the Czech Republic. More than 70 hot springs can be found here and twelve of them are used for the drinking treatment. The people from Karlovy Vary like to say that the 13th spring is the Becherovka - traditional Czech liquor made in Karlovy Vary..
The town is situated on the confluence of the Tepla and the Ohre Rivers, and surrounded by three mountain ranges. More than a third of the town area is wooded, and woods surround the town on all sides. There are extensive wooded paths to wander, and architecture characterized by the Art Nouveau and historicism styles of the end of the 19th century. It was during this time that many hotels, baths, churches, and the post office were built.
Karlovy Vary is home to the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, one of the oldest in the world.
The people from Karlovy Vary like to say that the 13th spring is the Becherovka - traditional Czech liquor made in... more travel advice
The most important application of the waters is regular drinking straight from the springs. Twelve springs , emanating... more travel advice
pili's Related Pages
Karlovy Vary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hot springs & cooool architecture"
- "Karlovy Vary - Karlsbad"
- "Karlovy Vary / Karlsbad"
- "Karlovy Vary – The Bohemian spa town"
- "KARLOVY VARY - The Spa Town -"
- "Day Trip to Karlovy Vary"
- "Day of Water Treatment"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlovy Vary
- Hotels in Karlovy Vary
- Transportation in Karlovy Vary
- Nightlife in Karlovy Vary
- Restaurants in Karlovy Vary
- Shopping in Karlovy Vary
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlovy Vary
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlovy Vary
- 14 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Karlovy Vary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlovy Vary
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 41 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paraná Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos