"An oasis in the middle of the desert" Top 5 Page for this destination Mendoza by pili

Mendoza Travel Guide: 402 reviews and 1,039 photos

Page under construction

Mendoza is located 1037 km from Buenos Aires city and it
has direct flights that link both cities and land at "El Plumerillo" airport. It is a modern city with streets lined with trees and bordered by the typical channels, squares, and parks.
Three centuries after its foundation, in 1861, an earthquake swept the city, leaving the San Francisco Church as the only vestige of its colonial architecture.
To rebuild the urban center, the Hacienda de San Nicolas was chosen but the humblest part of the population clung to the "Barrio de las Ruinas" (Neighbourhood of the Ruins), as the old city was called.

The General San Martin Park

Mendoza is a vast desert of almost 150 thousand square kilometers. But, the man´s hand transformed the desert into an extensive oasis.-

A great example of that: the General San Martin Park. With a surface of 420 hectares, boasts over 700 tree species, 110 species of local and exotic animals as well as a large lake and wide spaces to practice outdoor sports.

Land of the Sun and the Good Wine

Mendoza is called "Land of the Sun and the Good Wine" and the motto is not vain. With an average of 90% sunny days, Mendoza produces the best wines in Argentina and one of the best in the world.-

• Last visit to Mendoza: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 29, 2003

• mikkie50's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 12:49 PM

hi pilar :-)) great pages my friend we are planning a trip to your part of the world next year so researching the best places to visit :-)) so i am studying ur pages hard :-))

• fossettes's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 10:23 AM

Hi Pili, We will be in Santiago in April and we can't decide if we should go west to the coast or east to the Andes. Your pages are helping me make up my mind! Thanks! Kelly Anne

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 3:05 PM

We visited Buenos Aires in February, but I think we would have enjoyed this area very much.

• la_beba's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2005 at 1:12 PM

LOOOVED your Inca´s Bridge pictures! wow!

• msforbes's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2004 at 10:34 AM

Great pages, I can't wait to see the city, and of course the Malbec!

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 8:19 AM

Fascinaitng look at the western Heart of Argentina!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2004 at 10:32 AM

Great page! Hope I'll make it to Argentina one time...

• BIDBOROUGH's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2004 at 8:16 AM

Lovely page - brings back fond memories.....thanks!

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2004 at 1:39 AM

dont cry for me Argetina.......I will be there very soon. Fantastic page Pilar

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2004 at 10:35 AM

very informative page! looks like a great place!

pili

“The only ones who fail are those who do not try”

Badges & Stats in Mendoza

Have you been to Mendoza?

Latest Activity in Mendoza