"An oasis in the middle of the desert" Top 5 Page for this destination Mendoza by pili
Mendoza Travel Guide: 407 reviews and 1,045 photos
Mendoza is located 1037 km from Buenos Aires city and it
has direct flights that link both cities and land at "El Plumerillo" airport. It is a modern city with streets lined with trees and bordered by the typical channels, squares, and parks.
Three centuries after its foundation, in 1861, an earthquake swept the city, leaving the San Francisco Church as the only vestige of its colonial architecture.
To rebuild the urban center, the Hacienda de San Nicolas was chosen but the humblest part of the population clung to the "Barrio de las Ruinas" (Neighbourhood of the Ruins), as the old city was called.
Mendoza is a vast desert of almost 150 thousand square kilometers. But, the man´s hand transformed the desert into an extensive oasis.-
A great example of that: the General San Martin Park. With a surface of 420 hectares, boasts over 700 tree species, 110 species of local and exotic animals as well as a large lake and wide spaces to practice outdoor sports.
Park Hyatt Mendoza is a 185 room hotel locted In the heart of town. The only 5* stars in Mendoza.- more travel advice
Penitentes is an important ski center that offers 15 ski slopes at 2500 meters high , available for advanced, beginners... more travel advice
pili's Related Pages
Mendoza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mendoza - county of good wine and sun :-)"
- "Land of Sun, good wine and more"
- "Mendoza - A City of Trees"
- "Lovely Mendoza days"
- "An oasis in the middle of the desert"
- "5 lovely days!"
- "Montañas, vino y rosas (Mountains, wine & roses)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mendoza
- Hotels in Mendoza
- Transportation in Mendoza
- Nightlife in Mendoza
- Restaurants in Mendoza
- Shopping in Mendoza
- Warnings and Dangers in Mendoza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mendoza
- 19 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Mendoza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mendoza
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 41 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paraná Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos