"Smithers BC" Smithers by SnowAngel
Smithers Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 16 photos
Smithers is a quaint town in British Columbia. We happened upon this little jem when we were driving from Fairbanks, AK to Watertown, NY. A trip that will never be forgotten. A 14 day excursion from the interior of Alaska, through the Yukon and then into the lower 48's. We had to detour from our original plan of going through Ft Nelson, because of the horrible forest fires and ended up taking the Cassiar Highway. Which, was exquisitely beautiful. Lush foliage and snow topped mountains were perfect for photographs. And after a 3 day detour we came upon the only "bustling" town we had seen in 2 days. Our vehicle needed some repairs and Smithers was the only place with a mechanic shop. So we stopped and stayed. A small mainstreet with quaint boutiques and art galleries, reminded me of the nostalgic ideas of what used to be "small town" America. The only difference was, that it actually was exactly the way it looked. Kind people, good natured and just enjoying their little piece of heaven.
SnowAngel's Related Pages
Smithers Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Smithers BC"
- "My Home: Smithers, British Columbia, Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Smithers
- Hotels in Smithers
- Transportation in Smithers
- Restaurants in Smithers
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Smithers
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Smithers?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Smithers
Photos in SmithersSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Philippines Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Apopka Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- South Dakota Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Ashford Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Orlando Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Nenana Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Columbus Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Fairbanks Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- High Springs Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos