"Welcome to SnowAngel's HomePage" SnowAngel's Profile
Hello everyone. Thank you for taking the time to view my home page and tips.
As I'm sure you can tell by my photo, I spent several years in the Navy and have had the fortunate opportunities to visit a few places most people only dream about.
I usually do not count a place unless I have spent at least a full day there. There are exceptions for some of my Navy travels and sometimes I just want to share my pictures and my brief encounters. Every place listed will be completed eventually. With as many listings as I have it takes some time to remember the details that are noteworthy, so please bare with me.
My page will continually grow and if I don't have the info listed that you need, just e-mail me and I'll try my best to retain it for you.
I'm new to this site so it will take some time for me to figure out how to get around to doing all the things I want to do.
I hope to add to your travel experiences. May your travels be full of fond memories and great photos.
The photo above was taken by me at one of the launches to the Sound in Bremerton, WA in 1999.
I guess a little bit about me and how my addiction to traveling began wouldn't be so boring. There are worse things, I'm not sure what they are but there has to be something!
I am a native Floridian! I spent the better part of my childhood and adolescence, wanting to be anywhere other than here. To never see the earth rise more than 200 ft above sea level was quite boring. The ocean, lakes and springs were great, but how much sun and water can one person stand. So, the first chance I had, I left for adventures untold. I joined the Navy and quickly found out that the world was huge and that there really were places that looked like the pictures I had seen growing up.
The first time I ever saw what I thought was a mountain, I exclaimed "Oh my goodness, that mountain is huge!" To my astonishment, everyone in the car was laughing at me. Why? Because it wasn't a mountain at all, but only a foothill to the Cascades.
But since then, I have learned the difference between mountain and foothill and have even stood on the great Mt Mckinley (Denali). The largest peak in North America is no foothill.
I have been aiming toward a single goal for the last 14 years. That goal is to visit every one of the 50 states. I have been to 48 of them, including Alaska and Hawaii. Which would make you think the remaining 2 would be a piece of cake... Not so much! I have New Hampshire and Maine remaining. I live in NY right now and I'm closer to the remaining states. I just hope I get to them before I move again.
February 2011 Antigua
April 2011 Idaho, Washington and Oregon
November 2011 Cozumel and Cancun
March 2012 Jamaica, Bahamas and Puerto Rico
Personal Pages (2)
Written Oct 15, 2002
Written Jan 18, 2007
Life is the Journey not the outcome
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 60 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- SnowAngel and Ewingjr98 are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to SnowAngel's HomePage"
- Commented on MLW20's profile page
- updated a Saint Augustine Travel Page "Our Nation's Oldest City"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Olongapo"
- Wrote a Review POI in South Dakota Favorites
- Posted in Travel Yellowstone National Park Forum "RE: possible spring trip to..."
Top 10 Pages
- Philippines Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Apopka Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- South Dakota Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Ashford Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Orlando Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Nenana Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Columbus Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Fairbanks Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- High Springs Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos