"Howdy! Welcome to Scargo's Place!" scargo's Profile
This is our new (used) home. Doesn't it look as if it's about to take off? It is a "Deck" brand house, meaning it is designed by and materials come from Deck, in Massachusetts. It has lots of lofted ceilings, mahogany and glass.
With over two acres, I now have a real vegetable garden, in the ground, rather than in pots and have a herb garden, as well. Does this mean less travelling? Probably.
SUNRISE on BOLO POINT Grapevine Lake, Flower Mound, Texas
This is a picture of where I lived much of my life, in north-central Texas. I arrived in Connecticut in 2002. I hankered (that's Texas Cowboy Speak for "wanted") to live in a cooler, healthier environment. I am a skier, like the outdoors and lead an active lifestyle. North Texas and the surrounding area had a lot to offer but I tired of the long, hot summers. It helped to live on the lake. I have always enjoyed Colorado, northern California, northern New Mexico and the Reno-Lake Tahoe area. I also wanted to get away from the negative influences of the BIG CITY life. Now, me and my dog Lucy are enjoying a new life in southern Connecticut. I'm now enjoying the skiing in Vermont, though it doesn't quite compare to the powder out west!
A fall shot, taken by the river that runs in front of East Rock Park. Using a Nikon D-100, I manipulated the image in Photoshop and used a number of filters on it.
This is one of many taken from the back porch of our old house. This was very early in the morning of a stormy day. If you didn't know it you might think that we were at war or that the city was burning.
I hope our sky never looks this way because of war. I long for a better administration for our government. I didn't post this or select this picture with the intent of slamming our President (Bush) and his administration, it just came out extemporaneously.....
I am ashamed of US policies and their actions of these two terms.
On a 2004 visit to the Hill Country I shot this wildflower scene of a dirt road, unused and covered in wildflowers. It was past the prime time for bluebonnets. Don't miss this April-May phenomenom. It is as good as fall in Vermont! Texas Hill country has some wonderful clear streams and lakes because of the limestone and aquifers. And, of course, the Hill Country has the wineries... We like staying at B&Bs in the Colorado River area.
I thougt these cherry tomatoes were very odd looking but they tasted great! Enlarge the image.
These are Rosa Bianca eggplants. A little bigger than softballs when fully matured. I like to cook, so vegetable gardening has been a "hobby" for me. I used to grow eggplant and tomatoes in containers because there were so many darn trees on the property that the only decent amount of light is on the paved driveway!
These are creamy and have wonderful flavor! The best I have ever eaten. If you garden, you should try these.
August 2004-WTA Pilot Pen Tennis Tournament.
She didn't win but she looked good losing.
Shot with Nikon D-100 and 24-85 Zoom.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Dec 29, 2007
Fantasy Photographic Art
Written Jul 12, 2005
Kiana Lodge-Poulsbo area Bainbridge Island, WA
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 27 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Commented on scargo's profile page
- updated a Taos Travel Page "Scargo's Taos, New Mexico"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Restaurants of Rancho de Taos away from the drag"
- Posted in Travel Georgia Forum "Which path through Georgia for..."
updated their Personal Page "Fantasy Photographic Art"
- Wrote a Review Driskill: worth staying once and... in Austin Hotels
PhotosSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Taos Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Seattle Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Texas Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Whistler Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- New Haven Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Danbury Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Llano Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Connecticut Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Austin Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Mendocino Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos