"Howdy! Welcome to Scargo's Place!" scargo's Profile

New Digs

This is our new (used) home. Doesn't it look as if it's about to take off? It is a "Deck" brand house, meaning it is designed by and materials come from Deck, in Massachusetts. It has lots of lofted ceilings, mahogany and glass.
With over two acres, I now have a real vegetable garden, in the ground, rather than in pots and have a herb garden, as well. Does this mean less travelling? Probably.

Back in Texas.....

SUNRISE on BOLO POINT Grapevine Lake, Flower Mound, Texas

This is a picture of where I lived much of my life, in north-central Texas. I arrived in Connecticut in 2002. I hankered (that's Texas Cowboy Speak for "wanted") to live in a cooler, healthier environment. I am a skier, like the outdoors and lead an active lifestyle. North Texas and the surrounding area had a lot to offer but I tired of the long, hot summers. It helped to live on the lake. I have always enjoyed Colorado, northern California, northern New Mexico and the Reno-Lake Tahoe area. I also wanted to get away from the negative influences of the BIG CITY life. Now, me and my dog Lucy are enjoying a new life in southern Connecticut. I'm now enjoying the skiing in Vermont, though it doesn't quite compare to the powder out west!

New Haven River Path

A fall shot, taken by the river that runs in front of East Rock Park. Using a Nikon D-100, I manipulated the image in Photoshop and used a number of filters on it.

Sunrise in Connecticut

This is one of many taken from the back porch of our old house. This was very early in the morning of a stormy day. If you didn't know it you might think that we were at war or that the city was burning.
I hope our sky never looks this way because of war. I long for a better administration for our government. I didn't post this or select this picture with the intent of slamming our President (Bush) and his administration, it just came out extemporaneously.....
I am ashamed of US policies and their actions of these two terms.

Texas Hill Country

On a 2004 visit to the Hill Country I shot this wildflower scene of a dirt road, unused and covered in wildflowers. It was past the prime time for bluebonnets. Don't miss this April-May phenomenom. It is as good as fall in Vermont! Texas Hill country has some wonderful clear streams and lakes because of the limestone and aquifers. And, of course, the Hill Country has the wineries... We like staying at B&Bs in the Colorado River area.

From My Garden

I thougt these cherry tomatoes were very odd looking but they tasted great! Enlarge the image.

Gardening in Containers

These are Rosa Bianca eggplants. A little bigger than softballs when fully matured. I like to cook, so vegetable gardening has been a "hobby" for me. I used to grow eggplant and tomatoes in containers because there were so many darn trees on the property that the only decent amount of light is on the paved driveway!
These are creamy and have wonderful flavor! The best I have ever eaten. If you garden, you should try these.

Daniela Hantuchova at Pilot Pen Tennis

August 2004-WTA Pilot Pen Tennis Tournament.
She didn't win but she looked good losing.
Shot with Nikon D-100 and 24-85 Zoom.

• Intro Updated Dec 12, 2007

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Have a wonderful birthday and a year packed with safe travel.

• scargo's Profile Photo
      Nov 14, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Thank you. I've been distracted from VT with adventures in BC and my hobby of track days in my racing only STI. Perhaps I'm a little burnt out with contributing to forums after Chowhound threw me off their site. I started this group: facebook.com/groups/11990346...
      Thanks again. Can't believe I've made it this long and had this much fun and excitement!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Haha the cherry tomatoes in deed look funny :-)

• scargo's Profile Photo
      Apr 23, 2013 at 8:11 AM

You're the first to notice or comment. Was having fun with Photoshop! They were really my cherry tomatoes. My beard is fake. Wanted to have a disguise. I used to do restaurant reviews.

• meiyergani's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Happy Birthday from Bogor Indonesia

• MargotB's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2004 at 12:53 AM

Your photos are gorgeous!

• renuschka's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2003 at 9:55 AM

nice picture

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
scargo's Profile Photo

scargo

“If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win”

Ranked Member