"Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum" Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen by danitsja_nl
Nijmegen Travel Guide: 423 reviews and 775 photos
was part of the Roman Empire.
From that world you will find the remains down here
walls made of peat stone build at the bank of
the river Waal in the dim past.
They ask us the question:
How was it then in the city of today?
I am proud to tell you that I was born and raised in the oldest city of the young Netherlands, Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum. Please do not try to find it in any map our atlas, unless it goes back to halfway the 2nd century. Now days my city is better known as Nijmegen. It would be a pleasure to be your virtual guide. If you have any questions in regard to one of my Nijmegen travel tips always feel free to contact me for more detailed information.
In 2005 Nijmegen will celibate her 2000th birthday! During this year many events and festivities will take place in and around Nijmegen city! At this moment it is still unclear what kind of festivities are going to be held. But hopefully there will be more information available soon! Anyway its going to be a year of celebration!
After receiving many questions about Nijmegen I made a short list of interesting websites for travellers who are planning a trip to my beautiful city!
First of all the link of the VVV Nijmegen this tourist office is offering information about events, accommodation and packages in and around Nijmegen. For a more general website with less sales and more general information you can visit Nijmegen online I have got a lot of questions about the Nijmegen marches De 4daagse, if you think about participating in 2005 you can find more detailed information on the official 4 daagse website. If you want to know more about the 4daagse Summer festival, check out the Nijmeegse Vierdaagse feesten please notice that this website is only available in Dutch.
- In a nutshell:Often far away, Nijmegen, my youth, was always near me. Joris Ivens
A nice restaurant! Very good balance between price and quality! If you are doing a city walk Weet je wel is the best... more travel advice
If you are in Nijmegen during the winter season, you really have to try some indoor ice skating! Triavium is having 3... more travel advice
- See All The International Nijmegen Four Days...
- See All Hotel on the river quay
- See All Bridge walk
- See All Holland casino Nijmegen
- Were to find a Cash dispenser
Written Jul 15, 2004
Mariken van Nieumeghen
Written Jul 15, 2004
River beauty and danger
danitsja_nl's Related Pages
Nijmegen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum"
- "egonwegh's own Nijmegen Page"
- "Nijmegen, residence of ancient emperors"
- "Nijmegen, my hometown"
- "Roeffie's Nijmegen Page"
- "4 Days March City - Nijmegen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nijmegen
- Hotels in Nijmegen
- Transportation in Nijmegen
- Nightlife in Nijmegen
- Restaurants in Nijmegen
- Shopping in Nijmegen
- Warnings and Dangers in Nijmegen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nijmegen
- 48 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nijmegen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nijmegen
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Terschelling Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 3 photos