"Welcome to Etmeu's HomePage" Etmeu's Profile

Here are a few tips for independent nature travelers who want to discover the Eastern Shore of Lake Baikal: Ulan-Ude, Ust-Barguzin, and the Zabaikalsky National Park (see Off the beaten path and Travel log).

I traveled there in August, 2000. I took a folding kayak and paddled in the Zabaikalsky National Park (300km/180miles north of Ulan-Ude) for two weeks. I also stayed with a Buryat family for a week.

I went again in August 2001, then in 2002 to visit the friends I had met 2000. Of all the places I have ever visited, Buryatia (the state on the Eastern shore of Lake Baikal) is my favorite.

Indeed, in summer 2003 the friends became family!

I plan to be there for a few weeks in summer 2004 so do not hesitate to get in touch! It would be great to arrange a VT meeting!

Eric

• Intro Updated May 9, 2004

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Another birthday and I hope it is a great one!

• Fergie01's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2006 at 11:59 AM

Happy Travels and Happy Birthday! cheers from Ontario Canada

• zazatann's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2006 at 5:55 AM

You were born on the same day as my special friend. Wish you very happy birthday from Teya, Bangkok

• Jan 15, 2006 at 2:42 PM

hi- etmeu I am interested in traveling to ulan ude. it is impossible to find any sites that seem to know how. what is the best airline or connecting city to make this trip. any info would help. thanks my direct email is: shoresofpromise@yahoo.com

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2005 at 8:10 PM

Happy happy birthday to you!!!

• nikaloo35's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2005 at 5:06 PM

Here I come again one year later to wish you the same thing Happy Birthday How time fly by so fast....

• evona's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2004 at 9:55 AM

Hi! Happy birthday from Poland :)

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2004 at 11:07 AM

Hope you have a wonderful birthday! Happy Travels!

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2004 at 10:45 AM

Alles Gueti zum Geburi ! (means: happy birthday ! in swiss german). Please make some pages about your town, I really liked Montreal.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2004 at 4:43 AM

Eric, from Chicago I wish you a great birthday today.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!