"Welcome to Etmeu's HomePage" Etmeu's Profile
Here are a few tips for independent nature travelers who want to discover the Eastern Shore of Lake Baikal: Ulan-Ude, Ust-Barguzin, and the Zabaikalsky National Park (see Off the beaten path and Travel log).
I traveled there in August, 2000. I took a folding kayak and paddled in the Zabaikalsky National Park (300km/180miles north of Ulan-Ude) for two weeks. I also stayed with a Buryat family for a week.
I went again in August 2001, then in 2002 to visit the friends I had met 2000. Of all the places I have ever visited, Buryatia (the state on the Eastern shore of Lake Baikal) is my favorite.
Indeed, in summer 2003 the friends became family!
I plan to be there for a few weeks in summer 2004 so do not hesitate to get in touch! It would be great to arrange a VT meeting!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 15 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Etmeu and mtncorg are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Irkutsk Forum "RE: RE: Hotel at Irkutsk airport"
- updated a Ulan-Ude Travel Page "Etmeu's Ulan-Ude Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "IF YOU CAMP: MOSQUITOES IN THE FOREST"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Etmeu's HomePage"
- Commented on one of mtncorg's Oregon travel pages
- Wrote a Review TO ZABAIKALSKY NATIONAL PARK FROM ULAN-UDE in Ulan-Ude Transportation
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ulan-Ude Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Russia Intro, 1 photo