"Imperial "Lavra" - Holy Žiča" Zica by Aurorae
Zica Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 79 photos
Built from 1205 to 1208 AD, by the first Serbian coronated king Stefan Prvovenčani, and his brother Rastko aka Sveti Sava (the most famous Serbian saint), and it is devoted to our Lord's resurrection.
It is on the identical same distance from the Byzantine Empire capital - Constantinople (today's Istanbul), and Western Roman Empire capital - Rome. hus it makes Serbia, and Žiča in particular, a place on the crossroad between Eastern and Western World, which has always caused problems and confrontations in the area, unfortunately...
(page under construction)
Maglić is the medieval Serbian fortress, built on the hill above the Ibar river canyon, and its purpose was to have... more travel advice
I sincerely advice you NOT to go to this hotel!!! It is one star hotel (yeah, right, maybe one star, but from HELL!),... more travel advice
Aurorae's Related Pages
Zica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Imperial "Lavra" - Holy Žiča"
- "Zica (Zhicha, pron. "jeecha") the "red" monastery"
- "Red Zica"
- "Žièa Monastery"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zica
- 31 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Zica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zica
Photos in ZicaSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 113 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algiers Intro, 52 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Intro, 70 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 77 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lago d' Orta Intro, 57 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia Intro, 75 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osijek Intro, 30 reviews, 110 photos
- Tremezzo Intro, 21 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 35 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nis Intro, 58 reviews, 62 photos