"B E L G R A D E" Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade by Aurorae
Belgrade Travel Guide: 2,429 reviews and 5,096 photos
WELCOME TO BELGRADE
The city on the confluence of two rivers, Save and the Danube, is said to have one of the best geographic positions in the world. Unfortunately, we didn't know how to take a good advantage of it, IMHO. Riverside of the centre is covered in metal dump, building sites, piles of trash and storages, instead of being adequately arranged as a leisure resort (like Zemun & New Belgrade side for example). Or the traffic jam, the few bridges we have always being clogged, like the streets leading to them.
But let's forget about the negative aspects, and focus on the bright sides. Belgrade is a very vivid city that never sleeps, I have never seen as many people in the weirdest part of the night on the streets hyperactive as if it was 3pm or so! people are so friendly, hospitable, chatty, warmhearted and with great sense of humour, one can hardly feel a stranger here, somehow you blend in inevitably and you can easily find company, even if you don't seek for it. There are lots of bars, pubs, cafes and other places to hang out, exuberant cultural life culture for small money (there are about 50 theatres, two major opera houses, heaps of museums, galleries, literary evenings, cultural centres, libraries...)
-page ALWAYS under construction-
Kalemegdan is a resort of serenity, with the majestic view of the confluence of two rivers, oasis of green and old (the medieval fortress), and leisure time place, romantic and exciting (I still didn't get to explore all the corners in over three decades of my life here), cosmic (there's an observatory in the medieval Dizdar tower), spiritual (churches Ruzica and St.Petka), and so on...
Zemun is a town within a city, something completely different and a must visit! Enough said - go and discover.
Ada Ciganlija as a sports & recreation centre, and Ada medjica as a small island resort, oasis of nature and serenity in a bustling city that offers a sensation of being in the midst of a countryside...
It's difficult to write about Belgrade if you've always lived in it, some things obvious to us Belgraders might be stunning for others, so come here and see for yourself.
Just open your mind and above heart, and you will see... there might be surprises lurking!
Could you ever say that this is the centre of an almost 3 million capital city? Well, it is. This restaurant is hidden... more travel advice
There are two Pahuljica ("little flake") restaurants, both by the same owner. The one I've been to is Pahuljica 1, at... more travel advice
- See All Explore Kalemegdan
- See All Lush Cosmetics
- See All 25. maj complex
- See All Chillin'
Written May 9, 2016
Belgrade by night in winter
Written Jan 29, 2006
Belgrade on postcards
Aurorae's Related Pages
Belgrade Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belgrade, sweet Belgrade"
- "WHITE TOWN"
- "B E L G R A D E"
- "My home town"
- " The White City"
- "Welcome to Beograd-Capital of Serbia & Montenegro!"
- "48 Hours in the White City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgrade
- Hotels in Belgrade
- Transportation in Belgrade
- Nightlife in Belgrade
- Restaurants in Belgrade
- Shopping in Belgrade
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgrade
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belgrade
- 113 Reviews
- 164 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 136 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Belgrade?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgrade
Photos in BelgradeSee All Photos (164)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 113 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algiers Intro, 52 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Intro, 70 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 77 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago d' Orta Intro, 57 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia Intro, 75 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osijek Intro, 30 reviews, 110 photos
- Tremezzo Intro, 21 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 35 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nis Intro, 58 reviews, 62 photos