"S R B I J A" Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia by Aurorae
Republic of Serbia Travel Guide: 5,286 reviews and 13,424 photos
Serbia is probably one of the most exciting European destinations, because no matter how often you visit, the chances are good that each time there will be a different country you'd be visiting. Changes come around very quickly here. I wish it was for the good, but it's not always so.
Recently I heard a joke that Serbia is like Nokia, every year it releases a new, smaller model. :) Sad, but true.
But let alone all this political mumbo jumbo, once you start thinking of it you can only get a headache, I suggest focusing on great stuff this country has to offer, and that is excellent food, wonderful, exuberant nature, amazing people - lively, friendly, hospitable, warmhearted - great fun, culture for small money (there are about 50 theatres only in Belgrade, two major opera houses, heaps of museums, galleries, literary evenings, cultural centres, libraries...), pure air and ancient serenity in places not yet spoilt by civilization that is slowly disappearing, and it already vanished in most of the modern advanced countries...
But above all, it is a SAFE place, and i have to stress that with a special emphasis, because I have received piles of questions from people who fear for their safety in Serbia, who asked me "is it safe to drive through Serbia?" or similar, luckily I consider the ignorance and weird images one might get from the reputation forced by the media, so i don't laugh out loud, but I can ASSURE you that there is no safer place in Europe than Balkans, Serbia included. We are not wild savage gangsters nor robbers and kidnappers, you can walk the darkest street in the wee hour of the night, even sleep on the open air, nothing would happen. I have never felt so safe like anywhere in the Balkan countries, and it is advanced world that gives me chills, for instance strolling by night in Milan, Italy is absolutely scary if you move a little bit out of the main street area, and Brussels, Belgium was to be avoided alone on foot by night by all means as well. And there are other examples as well. So, sit back and relax, and don't fear anything, leave all of your prejudice behind, and welcome to Serbia.
PASULJ is one of the most common dishes, beans. It's a veeeeeery popular in Serbia/ex-YU, famous for the Army service... more travel advice
Ajvar is extremely delicious winter salad made out of red paprika. Whoever visited of my foreign friends, they said it... more travel advice
- See All domestic food
- See All Oplenac - Sv.Djordje church
- See All Parks
- Bad roads
Aurorae's Related Pages
Republic of Serbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "S R B I J A"
- "Welcome to my world ..."
- "WELCOME TO SERBIA"
- "Republic of Serbia"
- "Visiting medieval monasteries"
- "Budapest->Belgrade->Sofia->Istanbul: the..."
- "Vostani Serbije!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Republic of Serbia
- Hotels in Republic of Serbia
- Transportation in Republic of Serbia
- Nightlife in Republic of Serbia
- Restaurants in Republic of Serbia
- Shopping in Republic of Serbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Republic of Serbia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Republic of Serbia
- 355 Reviews
- 526 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Republic of Serbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Republic of Serbia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 113 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algiers Intro, 52 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Intro, 70 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 77 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lago d' Orta Intro, 57 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia Intro, 75 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osijek Intro, 30 reviews, 110 photos
- Tremezzo Intro, 21 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 35 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nis Intro, 58 reviews, 62 photos