"C E R N O B B I O" Cernobbio by Aurorae
Cernobbio Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 74 photos
Cernobbio is a veeeeeery CUTE little town on the Como lake, very close to the town of Como.
Its main characteristics are amazing villas and very pretty town, located not only on the lake shore, but also on the hills above.
The origins of Cernobbio date back to the XIII century. It was a place of plundering and invasions on the part of the Spanish. Today, the town is a holiday resort as well as a well known industrial centre.
It comes right after Como on the lakeside, actually, Como continues into Cernobbio, and you can practically walk there, they merged into one town in fact. Cernobbio is a lovely picturesque town with narrow streets, colourful houses, nice pier and lake boat transport station, wonderful square with some heroic monument and incredibly nice restaurant all in glass right there.
It's a place of many chic conferences, as they're all held in the famous pompous villas.
This is the site of the fictional Villa Baglianello, the elegant family-home-run-pensione featured in the film "A Month by the Lake." Nearby is one of the grandest hotels in all Europe, the Villa D'Este, whose rooms are almost like museum galleries and whose grounds boast Italy's only "floating swimming pool" (it actually sits atop the lake). Up the road is Toriggia, where you can visit Villa Passalacqua.
I find the name Cernobbio hilarious, because it reminds me incredibly of the famous Ukrainian nuclear disaster spot Chernobyl, as the prononuce is almost identical! :) So I always say I've been to Chernobyl. :))
This is another splendid pizzeria in Cernobbio. Its location is not spectacular - it's right on the main road to Como... more travel advice
Well, I don't know how to say this in English! Lizarding? :-) It means to stay on the sun like a lizard and enjoy it... more travel advice
Aurorae's Related Pages
Cernobbio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "C E R N O B B I O"
- "A famous town on Como Lake"
- "I'm in LOVE "with this town""
- "via M#@ç** (for the privacy law)..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cernobbio
- Transportation in Cernobbio
- Nightlife in Cernobbio
- Restaurants in Cernobbio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cernobbio
- 20 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Cernobbio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cernobbio
Photos in CernobbioSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 113 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algiers Intro, 52 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Intro, 70 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 77 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lago d' Orta Intro, 57 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia Intro, 75 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osijek Intro, 30 reviews, 110 photos
- Tremezzo Intro, 21 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 35 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nis Intro, 58 reviews, 62 photos