"L E C C O" Top 5 Page for this destination Lecco by Aurorae
Lecco Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 170 photos
Lecco is a very beautiful town on the banks of its lake, Lago di Lecco, a branch of Lago di Como (Lario). In Lecco, the lake finishes into a small river.
The center is old, with narrow streets, colourful facades and cobbled, rocky roads, with little shops, cafes and gelaterias scattered around.
But the best of it are its mountains, and the lake. It is surrounded by high mountains, the most famous being Grigna and Resegone, with its sharp "teeth", embracing the town from the back, and facing the lake in front.
In the center of the town there is a beautiful promenade by the lake, with tall trees with thick crowns, and the sandy/pebbled beach.
Swans and ducks are the permant residents of the lake, and they are more than happy to grab a bite from the curious walkers by (especially kids!) But beware, if they get angry, they aren't nearly as cute and beautiful as they seem!!! ;)
Therea re four streams running through Lecco, and one of them is joining the lake exactly at the beach in the center.
Hiking is a aprt of daily life of locals, as there are beautiiful paths of various difficulty and length, accessible for everyone (depending on the path you choose), but climbing only a few steps would give you an impressive view at the whole lake area. It is especially lovely in the evenings, when the dusk sets in and the city lights start to emerge...
Lecco is an alpine pearl, luckily unspoilt by tourists, and it is a place I'd certainly reccomand to everyone, if you want some peace and relax, but at the same time fun and excitement in the colourful night life downtown - on the bars, walking by the lake, clubbing...
There is something for everyone's taste and preferences! And together with Siena, it's my most favourite place in Italy.
- page under construction -
Basically, this is a pizzeria, but you can also order all the other dishes. However, pizzas are the best, truly... more travel advice
The church inside is very modest and humble, but very beautiful. It's a shame that I don't know the name of the church,... more travel advice
Aurorae's Related Pages
Lecco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "L E C C O"
- "At the very end of Lake Como"
- "San Pietro al Monte (Civate)"
- "Lecco - well worth a visit !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lecco
- Transportation in Lecco
- Nightlife in Lecco
- Restaurants in Lecco
- Warnings and Dangers in Lecco
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lecco
- 35 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Lecco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lecco
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 113 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algiers Intro, 52 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Intro, 70 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 77 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lago d' Orta Intro, 57 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Serbia Intro, 75 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osijek Intro, 30 reviews, 110 photos
- Tremezzo Intro, 21 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 35 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nis Intro, 58 reviews, 62 photos