"M E T Z" Top 5 Page for this destination Metz by Aurorae

Metz Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 599 photos

Metz is a charming town in Lorraine, near Luxembourg and Germany, and thus the target for one day visits from these countries (especially on the weekends!)
There are several important monuments to see, as well as to enjoy the strolls in the downtown pedestrian area, with narrow colourful streets, or along the banks of the rivers.
There is also a tourist train option, as well as boat rides.

One very important thing is that Metz was German from 1870 to WWI and some of
the prominent buildings were built during that period, like Temple de Garnison. (Thanks for that info, JLBG!)

NOTE: I made this page "in order of appearance" - I wrote about the places in the order I visited them. That doesn't mean that the first tip is the most interesting or beautiful thing to do/see in Metz. So you can judge for yourself...

• Last visit to Metz: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 18, 2005

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Love your page on Metz. Hope to see it next year. thanks Kate

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 3:50 AM

Thanks, Jelena, for your very interesting and infotmative tips. They helped me while making my own Metz-page. Several pics I added to my albome. Thanks a lot! Privet from Moscow!

• Lilasel's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2006 at 1:17 AM

I really enjoyed your page about Metz!!! Great pictures! It makes me want to visit it soon. thanks. All the best from France! Elena

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2005 at 5:38 AM

Very nice tips and photos! I've been through Metz on the train fairly often, but never stopped there. Will have to remedy that, as it looks really nice and is not very far from Frankfurt. And it even has an opera house . . .

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 2:27 AM

Love the old twisty streets! Nice page & tips! Happy travels, Blu

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2005 at 3:25 PM

...trés jolie page de metz, jelena! beaucoup de information et jolie photograph! trés bien!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 10:02 PM

An excellent page ! I have been half a dozen time to Metz for my job but never really visited. Thank you for showing all what I have missed !

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 8:40 AM

Belle foto e informazioni molto interessanti, soprattutto le leggende! Non sono mai stato a Metz, ma è una delle città che vorrei visitare, come anche Nancy, Troyes, Reims, ecc.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 12:14 AM

Recollections... The city is much more wonderful than in winter time I have been to Metz. One day I will visit it in summer!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 4:05 PM

Interesting local customs Jelena! Great spooky pic of the cathedral too. Metz looks like another beautiful Frence town to add to my list to vist. Excellent page (~_~)

Aurorae