"Former Beer Capital, May Be Again" Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee by blaird
Milwaukee Travel Guide: 529 reviews and 827 photos
Milwaukee has quite a varied climate...cold, cold winters, but sometimes humid summers. The spring is such a welcome relief and the fall is a wonderful time of year. Talk about changing of the seasons, you will definitely experience it here. Summers aren't so hot in the city, due to the lake effect, but overall it gets hot in summer.
For me, Milwaukee is a top notch city with great diversity. The city isn't too huge, but it does have a decent downtown and lots and lots of stuff to do and see. It has arts, major sports, and good people.
It is no longer the cheese capital, as California and the many government subsidies have changed that.
It is no longer the beer capital, although there are still many beers brewed here and Miller is really going after Anheiser Busch to at least be a semi-close second for barrels brewed...drink Miller beer to help even things out.
Many of the big names from long ago are no longer big names...Blatz, Schlitz, Pabst. You may know the names, but you don't buy them often or even find them often. There are now a number of good local smaller breweries, such as lakefront, Sprecher, and others. Anyway, Milwaukee has diversified and has many types of businesses and much to offer...including Harley Davidson...just don't drink Miller Beer and ride a Harley.
- Pros:clean, fairly metro, great architecture, good beer
- Cons:undeveloped retail compared to larger cities
- In a nutshell:Not just beer and brats, but that's a good start
Down in Cathedral Square. I just went here a couple weeks ago and was totally surprised at the popularity of this. Every... more travel advice
Billy Mitchell Field, or Milwaukee International Airport (MKE) is the way to fly in. There are numerous little... more travel advice
blaird's Related Pages
Milwaukee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Milwaukee: Beers, Brats, and Architecture"
- "Milwaukee-more than beer"
- "Former Beer Capital, May Be Again"
- "My trip to Milwaukee , Wiscousin"
- "Not Your Father's Milwaukee"
- "Milwaukee - Surprisingly Interesting !"
- "A FUN DAY IN MILWAUKEE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milwaukee
- Hotels in Milwaukee
- Transportation in Milwaukee
- Nightlife in Milwaukee
- Restaurants in Milwaukee
- Shopping in Milwaukee
- Warnings and Dangers in Milwaukee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milwaukee
- 37 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Milwaukee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milwaukee
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 41 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 37 reviews, 25 photos
- Ribcev Laz Intro, 23 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Triglav Nacionalni Park Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Omsk Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Bled Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Malibu Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
No friends yet.