"95 Years of Cleveland" Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland by blaird

Cleveland Travel Guide: 611 reviews and 929 photos

The World of Frances Cimperman...from my eyes

Okay, this is definitely an Off the Beaten path page. I have thrown in a bunch of history, which has been passed down by my grandmother. My Grandmother lived her entire life in Cleveland, Ohio and she had many amazing stories about the city and her life in it.

From The Plain Dealer, Cleveland's largest newspaper:

FRANCES J. CIMPERMAN, age 95, passed away April 20, 2003. Beloved wife of the late Cleveland Detective John J. Cimperman; dear mother of Dolores Freiberger (deceased) (Robert), Ralph J. (Anna Mae) of Newark, DE., John D. (Mary Helen, deceased), Carole J. Laird (Ralph) of New Berlin, WI.; loving grandmother of 17 grandchildren; devoted great-grandmother of 28 great-grandchildren. She was an active member of the Altar and Rosary Society, Society for the Propagation of the Faith and other charitable organizations. She worked as a loan officer at Women's Federal Savings and Loan and as a secretary for the late Monsignor McBride. She was one of the original parishioners of Annunciation Catholic Church. VISITATION WILL BE HELD AT THE CORRIGAN FUNERAL HOMES, LORAIN AT W. 148 ST., WEDNESDAY 2-4 AND 7-9 P.M. Mass of Christian Burial Thursday, April 24 at St. Vitus parish at 6019 Lausche Ave. at 10 a.m. Interment Holy Cross Cemetery. www.cleveland.com/obits
Published in The Plain Dealer from 4/22/2003 - 4/23/2003.

• Last visit to Cleveland: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2003

• Jul 22, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Hi ,.the pic caught my eye, cause I have many B&W, from my granma ,at around at 12 to 14 years old, u become confirmed, where u accept the teaching of the church , and u choice a Christian Name ,Did this, then take the place of communion ?

• Nov 30, 2006 at 3:05 PM

I am a Cimperman as well from the Cleveland area. I have never heard of this restaurant. Curious if it is related to John and Eleanor Cimperman who lived in Euclid until they died recently?

• erikatheskysailor's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2004 at 11:04 PM

Neat little page here and such unique tips! :) The tributes to your grandmother are lovely. :) Thank you for visiting my CLE page; It's always a work in progress...! :)

• Mundus's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2004 at 11:45 PM

It's great to see the love you had for your grandmother. I whish I had asked more things to my grandfather, only now I start to understand what an amazing person he was.

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 4:50 PM

Very nice page. When I was i Ohio, I noticed that the serb comunity is large too.

• buzzz's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2003 at 1:28 AM

Very interesting and personal pages. Thanks!

• Alphons's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2003 at 10:52 PM

great page with a nice story, greetings Alphons...

• sambarnett's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2003 at 2:07 PM

What a brilliant theme for a page. Can't wait to see more, I think this will be an excellent site.

• jmarkoos's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2003 at 1:14 PM

Badges & Stats in Cleveland

Have you been to Cleveland?

Friends