"Welcome to blaird's HomePage" blaird's Profile
Been back in Milwaukee for a little while now, the winter weather is tough, but summers are great. Our favorite season is Fall, but it is much too short. Travel has been severly limited, as I took a new job, have a two year old, and have twins on the way...yikes! Most trips are short and probably won't leave the country until late 2007...
When we got back from Rio I realized loved it more than I did the first time. We spend a lot of time at Barra Beach, so I will start to build a Rio page, which I had resisted in the past. I felt that I couldn't really add a lot to the Rio discussion, as there are a bunch of good pages, but I will try to highlight my favorites and talk a little more about Barra, as it seems to be missed so far.
Summers in Milwaukee are too fun to go very far, there are always festivals, family or friend events, picnics, barbeques, concerts, and baseball games going on, so we stay near here during those months.
Okay, so I was just looking at my profile and I decided to update that interests section about what kind of travel I like. So I picked my top 5, then I looked back on my selections...luxury travel, next to hiking & National Parks...hmmm, I don't really want luxury on my backpacking trips, but I will spend the extra dough for a great spot by the ocean. I have loved the crappy little rooms I have stayed in throughout the world, but I have also deeply appreciated my ocean view rooms that I have had the pleasure of temporarily living in. I don't camp nearly as much as I used to, as a bed has come to mean more to me over the years, but I still do pull out my musty tent and zero degree bag for the occassional night under the stars.
So, I like luxury sometimes, I like roughing it sometimes, I like small town pensions sometimes, I like the excitement of the big city sometimes, I like the beach sometimes, I like mountains sometimes...in the end, I guess I like a little of everything. So, here is my deep thought for the day: I believe everyone likes a little of everything, they just don't want to admit it, pay for it, or know it...so, go ahead admit you like a little of everything, it is okay, I won't tell.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 271 Reviews
- 189 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Commented on one of elsadran's Parati travel pages
- Wrote a Review Near Praia de Geribá in Bùzios Hotels
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "Re: Hostel in Ipanema for a Family"
- updated a Milwaukee Travel Page "Former Beer Capital, May Be Again"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to blaird's HomePage"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to blaird's HomePage"
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 41 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 37 reviews, 25 photos
- Ribcev Laz Intro, 23 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Triglav Nacionalni Park Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Omsk Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Bled Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Malibu Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
No friends yet.