"Isla Holbox" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Holbox by darthmilmo

Isla Holbox Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 117 photos

Picture will go here

Well, I thought I had found paradise at Playa, but boy was I wrong. From Playa I went to Isla Holbox. This small fishing community off the gulf of Mexico is a nice place to relax and lose track of time. I spend two days there, but believe me I could have easily spent a month here. Life is so relaxing and so slow with no modern amenities to bother you. Like a fellow backpacker said... The island is for swimming, relaxing, swimming, taking a nap, swimming, relaxing... and so on... jejeje.

One of the days there I joined two fellow Mexicans and one Argentinean on a tour of three uninhabited islands. The first island was a bird sanctuary, which was the home for the most beautiful birds imaginable. The second island had a fresh water cenote with crystalline water inland. The third island was the Island Passion/love (one can only guess what goes on during the winter months in this island). This last island is connected to a neighboring island, not by land, but by a sea, however, the water level is knee high at most. Heck, I literally ran on water between the two islands...hehehe.

• Last visit to Isla Holbox: Dec 2000
  • Intro Written Mar 6, 2003

Travelogues (1)

Comments

darthmilmo

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

Badges & Stats in Isla Holbox

Have you been to Isla Holbox?

Latest Activity in Isla Holbox