"Izamal" Izamal by darthmilmo
Izamal Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 50 photos
Izamal is famous for the convent of San Antonio de Padua. According to my guidebook, the San Antonio de Padua convent, with its 72 arch plaza, is the second largest in the world, second only to the Vatican. Needless to say, the architecture is not as spectacular as the Vatican; however, the small town feel combined with a yellow paint makes this town a nice place to come for the day from Merida. I stayed the night at Izamal though.
There is a bus that leaves from the Oriente station in Merida and goes to Izamal. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you visit Izamal... more travel advice
Another pyramid worth climbing is the Kinich-Kakmo pyramid. It offers superb views of the surrounding areas. Since the... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Izamal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Izamal: The Oldest City of Yucatan"
- "The Yellow City"
- "Izamal the yellow city"
- "Ciudad Amarilla (Yellow City)"
- "Izamal, la ciudad amarilla"
- "Izamal, the yellow city."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Izamal
- Transportation in Izamal
- Restaurants in Izamal
- Warnings and Dangers in Izamal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Izamal
- 6 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Izamal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Izamal
Photos in IzamalSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues