"Merida" Mérida by darthmilmo
Mérida Travel Guide: 320 reviews and 634 photos
From Palenque I took a bus to Merida, Yucatan. The city of Merida is the hammock capital of Mexico, if not the world. It’s an amazing city from where one can explore a wide variety of towns and Mayan ruins. I stayed here for a couple of days. I visited the sites within town, which have rather unique small town architecture. The other day, I visited the Mayan ruin of Dzibilchaltun. It’s true what they say, its fun to pronounce that word :). The sites are not as spectacular as others, but still are worth the visit.
The third site was Sayil, definitely worth a longer stay since it’s a huge complex. Among the highlights of Sayil is a... more travel advice
That same day I went to the ruins of Mayapan, not quite part of the Ruta Puuc, but still noteworthy and worthy of a long... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Mérida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MERIDA AND THE YUCATAN PENINSULA"
- "Friendly Mérida"
- "Feliz Año Nuevo en Mérida, Mexico"
- "The Cultural Capital of the Yucatan"
- "Walking along Merida"
- "Sunday in Merida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mérida
- Hotels in Mérida
- Transportation in Mérida
- Nightlife in Mérida
- Restaurants in Mérida
- Shopping in Mérida
- Warnings and Dangers in Mérida
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mérida
- 24 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Mérida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mérida
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues