"Palenque" Palenque by darthmilmo
Palenque Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 39 photos
I visited this town for one reason: to see the infamous ruins of Palenque. The site is huge! Its definitely one of the best Mayan sites out there. I loved the palace, which had an amazing tower. The temple of the inscriptions is amazing as well. Among the other kewl areas is the plaza of the cross, which houses several nice temples.
From Palenque, I took a tour into the Lancandon jungle. The jungle excursion from Palenque was awesome! I ventured into... more travel advice
There are several buses going to Merida, which lies in the Yucatan peninsula. I took an overnight bus and made it there... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Palenque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Selva Lancandon"
- "Exploring the city...and beyond"
- "The Ruins in Palenque"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palenque
- 12 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Palenque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palenque
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Palenque hotel reviews
- Margarita & Ed's Cabanas
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013